Dawn Chorus — Live
12 new remixes which push the source material even further: club primetime house and techno, the warehouse afterparty, IDM, shoegaze and fully deconstructed ambient by a crew of Greene’s friends and family.
- JAN 22 - MeetFactory - Prague - CZ - TICKETS
- JAN 24 - Übel & Gefärhlich - Hamburg - GER - TICKETS
- JAN 25 - Nitsa - Barcelona - ES - TICKETS
- JAN 26 - Vega - Copenhagen - DK - TICKETS
- JAN 29 - Studio 9294 - London - UK - TICKETS
- JAN 30 - YES (Pink Room) - Manchester - UK - TICKETS
- JAN 31 - Lost Lane - Dublin - IE - TICKETS
- FEB 01 - The Menagerie - Belfast - NI - TICKETS
- FEB 04 - Stereo - Glasgow - SCO - TICKETS
- FEB 05 - Headrow House - Leeds - UK - TICKETS
- FEB 07 - Badaboum - Paris - FR - TICKETS
- FEB 08 - Radio Radio (DJ Set) - Amsterdam - NL - TICKETS
- FEB 13 - Flash - Washington - DC - TICKETS
- FEB 14 - Henao Contemporary Center - Orlando - FL - TICKETS
- FEB 15 - Velvet Underground - Toronto - ON - TICKETS
- FEB 20 - Middlesex Lounge (DJ Set) - Cambridge - MA - TICKETS
- FEB 21 - Elsewhere (DJ Set) - Brooklyn - NY - TICKETS
- FEB 22 - Red Door Digital - Detroit - MI - TICKETS
- FEB 27 - Holocene - Portland - OR - TICKETS
- FEB 28 - Beaumont Studio - Vancouver - BC - TICKETS
- FEB 29 - Starline Social Club - Oakland - CA - TICKETS
- MAR 6 - Lights Down Low (DJ Set) - Los Angeles - CA - TICKETS
- MAR 12 - Orphelia’s - Denver - CO - TICKETS
- MAR 14 - Sleeping Village - Chicago - IL - TICKETS
- MAR 21 - It’ll Do (DJ Set) - Dallas - TX - TICKETS
Live — Dawn Chorus
Estimated shipping: 30 January 2020
Design by Hassan Rahim & Jacques Greene - a different type of tour shirt. This design features a back print list of Montréal afterparty spaces over the last decade, and their times of operation. 100% cotton, hand-printed in the UK with water-based inks.
Limited Embroidered Hat Designed by Hassan Rahim for LuckyMe.
Includes High Quality Download of Dawn Chorus on Release Day.
One size fits all
Washed brushed cotton twill
Self-fabric closure with ring buckle
Deluxe 4 stitches sweatband
320 kbps, LAME-encoded
Released: 31 January 2020
Last year we released “Dawn Chorus” — Jacques Greene’s stunning sophomore album which tracks the melancholy and euphoria of the sunrise following the club. Pitchfork wrote: "Pushing beyond his customary dancefloor focus, the French-Canadian producer twists club influences and collaborative input into a textured, exploratory sound, both intimate and immense” and that this “ushered in a new era for Jacques Greene without losing sight of his unique sentimentality."
The album showed Greene outgrowing the limitations of the tempo-defined dance genres he rose to notoriety within. And while his own music grew in scope, Dawn Chorus became his most collaborative work: courting friends and instrumentalists to lend their work to the album. For that reason, Dawn Chorus feels so much richer than his prior, solitary bedroom production and spoke to Greene’s competence as a curator.
Now, three months after the original release we are proud to present an expanded album with x12 new original remixes which speaks to his ability for curation in a whole other sense: building on the album with club primetime house and techno, afterparty warehouse versions, IDM, shoegaze and fully deconstructed ambient by a crew of Greene’s friends and family.
- 1 Serenity Jacques Greene 3:53 Buy
- 2 Drop Location Jacques Greene 2:49 Buy
- 3 Do It Without You Jacques Greene 3:32 Buy
- 4 Night Service Jacques Greene 4:29 Buy
- 5 Sel Jacques Greene 3:16 Buy
- 6 Let Go Jacques Greene 4:17 Buy
- 7 For Love Jacques Greene 5:40 Buy
- 8 Sibling Jacques Greene 4:24 Buy
- 9 Whenever Jacques Greene 3:19 Buy
- 10 Understand Jacques Greene 2:50 Buy
the second album from Jacques Greene
contributions include Brian Reitzell (Lost In Translation)
Clams Casino, Oliver Coates, Ebhoni, Rochelle Jordan
Art Direction by Hassan Rahim